Governor McDonnell Announces Board Appointments and Appointment to Administration
RICHMOND - Governor Bob McDonnell today announced an appointment to his administration in the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control. He also announced appointments to 5 boards and commissions. Further announcements regarding additional appointments in the McDonnell administration will continue to be made in the months ahead.
Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
Margaret Reed, Director of Regulations and Legislative Affairs
Reed's public service includes serving as an Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney for the City of Richmond where she specialized in child abuse and sexual assault cases and as an Assistant Attorney General of Virginia in the Criminal Litigation Section. She most recently served as an Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney for the County of Henrico where she prosecuted a wide range of cases, including overseeing prosecutions of DUID cases.
Commonwealth Transportation Board
- John K. Matney of Bristol, President of The Harbor Company
- F. Dixon Whitworth, Jr. of Winchester, Retired Bank Executive at BB&T
Family and Children's Trust Fund
- Dr. Anne J. Atkinson of Petersburg, President at PolicyWorks, Ltd.
- Kevin W. Keane of Burke, Senior Vice President for Policy & Public Affairs with the American Beverage Association
George Mason University Board of Visitors
- John M. Jacquemin of McLean, President and CEO of Mooring Financial Corporation
Norfolk State University Board of Visitors
- Beth Murphy of Midlothian, Director of Virginia Colleges for Bryant & Stratton College
Virginia Corn Board
- M. Heath Bray* of Urbanna, Manager of Grain Elevator at Perdue Agribusiness
- William C. Crossmann, III* of Mount Holly, President and Treasurer of Laurel Springs Grains Corp
- Charles D. McGhee of Mechanicsville, Owner and Operator of Grainfield Farms
- Gerry Underwood* of Chesapeake, Head Merchandiser with Perdue Agribusines
# # #