For Immediate Release
Governor McDonnell Announces Additional Appointments to Administration
RICHMOND - Governor Bob McDonnell today announced additional appointments to his administration in the Communications Office, Virginia Liaison Office and the Health and Human Resources secretariat. In addition, he announced appointments to 30 Virginia boards and commissions.
Bios for today's appointments can be found below. Further announcements regarding additional appointments in the McDonnell Administration will continue to be made in the months ahead.
Paul Logan, Deputy Press Secretary
Paul Logan formerly served as Deputy Political Communications Director for the Republican Governors Association, overseeing their national tracking efforts in the 2010 mid-terms. During McDonnell's 2009 campaign for Governor he served as Research Coordinator. He went on to work for the Inaugural Committee, assisting with press and logistics. During the 2008 Presidential election Logan worked on Senator John McCain's campaign as Press Assistant to the Mid-Atlantic Regional Communications Director. Logan graduated from Tulane University in 2008 with a degree in English and Economics and a minor in Political Science. He is a native of Arlington, Virginia.
Health and Human Resources
Donna Douglas, Deputy Commissioner, Department of Social Services
Donna Douglas has over 25 years of national, state and local experience including strategic planning, agency management, organization development, training and program design and evaluation. Donna is known for her knowledge and experience in public social service programs. She is currently the Director of Hanover County Department of Social Services in Virginia. She holds an MSW in Administration from Virginia Commonwealth University Graduate School of Social Work. She was an adjunct faculty member of the same school for five years. She was the past chairperson of the local council of the American Public Human Services Association (APHSA) and is a United States Productivity and Quality Assurance Board member. Her most recent achievement includes the APHSA award for local innovation in performance management in the public sector. She also chairs several state and local advisory committees on program development, legislative implementation, and community involvement and performance management.
Virginia Liaison Office
Michael DiSabato, Policy Analyst
Michael DiSabato was the Policy Manager at Republican Main Street Partnership for the past year and half. DiSabato also worked for a short time at the American Health Care association, performing legislative research. Prior to that, he was a staffer for Former Congressman Tom Davis of Virginia on Capitol Hill where he provided the Congressman with analysis on Legislation. Michael holds a Bachelors Degree in Political Science from Roger Williams University. He currently lives in Arlington, Virginia.
Advisory Board on Athletic Training
- Brent L. Arnold of Goochland, Athletic Training at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Amanda Cabrera of Virginia Beach, Owner & CEO of Trainers on Call, LLC
Advisory Board on Respiratory Care
- Damie F. Carter of Jonesville
Alexandria Historical Restoration and Preservation Commission
- R. Brent Blevins of Alexandria, Professional Staffer at the U.S. House Committee on Agriculture
- Carole E. Walker of Alexandria, President of Walker Property Management
Aquaculture Advisory Board
- Robert S. Bloxom, Jr.* of Parksley, Owner of Egret Point Seafood
- A.J. Erskine of Kilmarnock, Aquaculture Manager and Field Scientist for Bevans Oyster Company and Coward Seafood Corporation
- Dr. Roger Mann of Dutton, Director of Research and Advisory Sciences for the Virginia Institute of Marine Science
Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, Certified Interior Designers and Landscape Architects
- John L. Combs of Mechanicsville, Executive Vice President for Resource International, Ltd.
- Lorri B. Finn* of Richmond, Principal at KSA Interiors
- Paul deC. Holt of Norfolk, Senior Project Manager for Patton Harris Rust & Associates, Inc.
Board of Forestry
- Anne M. Beals of Spotsylvania, Oakley Farm
- Nadine Block of Falls Church, Senior Director of Government Outreach with the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, Inc.
- David L. Blount* of Middletown, retired
- Phillip A. Bradshaw of Carrsville, CFO of Isle of Wight County Public Schools
- John W. Burke, III of Woodford, partner with Burke Woodlands
- William G. Imbergamo of Vienna, Senior Professional Staff with the United States Senate
- Hillary F. Little* of Nasswadox, President of Waterford Printing, Inc and semi-retired
- The Honorable Floyd H. Miles, Sr.* of Providence Forge, retired
- J. Kenneth Morgan, Jr. of Clarksville, President of Morgan Lumbar Company and Sunrise Shaving, LLC
- Shelby L. "Lee" Spradlin, Jr. of Lynchburg, Forester with MeadWestVaco
- David W. Smith* of Blacksburg, Shelton H. Short, Jr. Emeritus Professor of Forestry with Virginia Tech
Board of Health Professions
- David Kozera, Rph. of Lynchburg, District Sales Manager for CVS Caremark Corporation
Board for Opticians
- Renee P. Allgood of Charlottesville, Optician and Manager at Bluestone Optical
Board for Soil Scientists and Wetlands Professionals
- Douglas S. Davis of Virginia Beach, President and Senior Wetland Scientist for Davis Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Angie M. Hall of Radford, Field Representative for Congressman H. Morgan Griffith
Board of Transportation Safety
- Kenneth W. Butler of Oakton, Partner with Miller/Wenhold Capitol Strategies LLC
- Curtis E. Carr of Richmond, Vice President of Safety and Risk Management for Estes Express Lines
Board of Visitors for the Virginia School for the Deaf and Blind
- Rachel M. Bavister of Staunton, Consultant of Education for the Deaf and Trainer for Educational Interpreters
- Donna Gately* of Lorton, Vice President of Amrhein & Associates, Inc.
Citizen's Advisory Council on Furnishing and Interpreting the Executive Mansion
- Maureen Denlea Massey of Richmond, President & CEO of Maureen Massey and Company, LLC
- Daphne Maxwell Reid of Petersburg, Co-Founder & COO of New Millennium Studios
Coal Mine Safety Board
Coal Surface Mining Reclamation Fund Advisory Board
- Charles M. Hale, Jr. of Charlottesville, Mining Engineer at Virginia Core Drilling
Community Integration Advisory Commission
- John Contreras* of Salem
- Alice Ess of Alexandria
- Carter Randolph Harrison * of Cartersville, Director of Public Policy for the Alzheimer's Association
- Kelly Hickok* of Richmond, Community Advocate Resources for Independent Living, Inc.
- Larry Little of Chesterfield, Vice-President of Support Services and Planning for VCU Health System
- Lynn J. McCrobie of Irvington, Director of Community Options for Middle Peninsula Northern Neck Community Service Board
- Jack R. Morgan of Bastian
- Collin S. Oliver of Williamsburg
- Heather J. Tace of Virginia Beach
- Joshua Wilson of Richmond, IT Consultant
- Bonita Wright of Petersburg
Council for a New Economy Workforce
- Robert Leber of Richmond, Senior Advisor to the Governor for Workforce Development and Deputy Commissioner of the Virginia Employment Commission
- Rob Quartel of Gwynn, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of NTELX
Governor's Substance Abuse Services Council
- The Honorable Timothy C. Carter of Maurertown, Shenandoah County Sheriff
Medical Advisory Board for the DMV
- Susan DiGiovanni, M.D.* of Midlothian, Assistant Dean for Medical Education at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Jennifer Miles-Thomas, M.D. of Williamsburg, Physician with Hampton Roads Urology
Poet Laureate of Virginia
- Kelly Cherry of Halifax, Poet and Author
Potomac River Fisheries Commission
- Ida Hall* of Kilmarnock, self-employed Crabber
Safety & Health Codes Board
- Charles E. Bird, CSP, CHST of Fairfax, Safety Director-Washington Division for Balfour Beatty Construction, LLC
- Gregory M. Hart of Staunton, Risk Control Manager for RCM&D, Inc.
- Michael J. Pischke of Midlothian, Quality Manager for ALFA LAVAL, Inc.
- Thomas A. Thurston of Sandston, International Representative for the Communication Workers of America
Small Business Advisory Board
- Prescott Sherrod* of Virginia Beach, President and Chief Operating Officer of PEMCCO, Inc.
Southern Growth Policies Board
- John Matney of Bristol, President of The Harbor Company
- David T. Ralston, Jr. of Clifton, Partner with Foley & Lardner LLP
Special Advisory Commission on Mandated Health Insurance Benefits
- Terri B. Flagg of Ashland, Staff Vice President at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Virginia Apprenticeship Council
- John F. Biagas of Newport News, President and Chief Executive Officer at Bay Electric Company, Inc.
- Frank Goodwin of Lynchburg, Safety Coordinator at Delta Star, Inc.
- Ashby C. Kilgore of Newport News, Superintendent for Newport News Public Schools
- Michael L. Mays of Vinton, Apprenticeship Coordinator for Sheet Metal Workers Local 100
- Arnold Outlaw of Suffolk, Sheet Metal Worker at Newport News Shipbuilding
Virginia Commission for Higher Education Board Appointments
- Anne Green Baise of Falls Church, Treasuer of Baise Farms
- Dr. Patricia P. Cormier, Former President of Longwood University
Virginia Health Workforce Development Authority
- Eleanor Sue Cantrell of Big Stone Gap, LENOWISCO Health District Director for the Virginia Department of Health
- Dr. Ron Clark of Henrico, Chief Medical Officer for VCU Health System
- Dr. Frank H. Farrington of Midlothian, Professor Emeritus at VCU School of Dentistry
- Shirley R. Gibson, MSHA, RN, FACHE of Chesterfield, Associate Vice President of Nursing for VCU Health System
- Michael K. Kerner of Norfolk, Chief Executive Officer for Bon Secours Hampton Roads
- Nancy Stern of Belle Haven, Chief Executive Officer for Eastern Shore Rural Health System
- Dixie Tooke-Rawlins, D. O., of Blacksburg, Dean and Executive Vice-President of Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
Virginia-Israel Advisory Board
- Todd R. House* of Falls Church, Government Affairs Manager for Micron Technology
- William J. Kilberg of McLean, Partner with Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
Virginia Soybean Board
- Linda V. Smith* of West Point, Merchandising Manager for The Mennel Milling Company
- William L. Taliaferro* of Center Cross, President of Montague Farms, Inc.
- Gerry L. Underwood* of Virginia Beach, Head Merchandiser of Perdue Agribusiness
Virginia Water Resources Research Center Statewide Advisory Board
- Carlton H. Hershner, Jr. of Gloucester, Professor of Marine Science for the College of William and Mary and Director of the Center for Coastal Marine Resources Management at the Institute of Marine Science
- Joe Lerch of Richmond, Director of Environmental Policy for the Virginia Municipal League
- Joseph Tannery of Midlothian, Environmental Consultant for Dominion Resources
# # #